ConFuzzled Lottery Results
We’re wanting to announce that we have now sent out emails to let everyone know of their residential registration lottery result.
If you can’t see it, follow these instructions to find it:
- Check your junk mail
- Check your ‘Newsletter’ or ‘Other Inbox’ section – you may need to actually visit your email provider’s web app to see these or, in your mail client it may be in a different folder.
If you are using any special email filtering tools or processes, please note that the emails we have sent today are coming from a mass-mailing system that most businesses would use for marketing or newsletters. Specifically, we use the ‘Mailchimp’ system. Please check your email filters just in case our message got caught.
If you haven’t received your email, please contact email@example.com
The news you’ll receive today will fall into one of five categories:
- You (and any room share partner) secured a Hilton room, and got your first choice.
- You (and any room share partner) secured a Hilton room, but not your first choice (an alternative is being offered)
- You (and any room share partner) secured a Crowne Plaza (overflow) room.
- You (and any room share partner) secured a Crowne Plaza (overflow) room, but we have been unable to allocate the early arrival / late departure days you requested.
- You were unsuccessful in securing any room type, and are now on the ‘waiting list’.
Your specific email will outline what the next steps are, but suffice it to say that for options 1 through 4 above, you’re all set, and we are now going to be moving forward with formally approving your registrations, and then requesting payment. You won’t get that email right away, but stand-by, it will be coming soon.
For option 4, please note that this only applies to some people who requested early/late. Not everyone. The majority of those who have been allocated the overflow hotel, and requested early/late, have been allocated these days too. However, for a small number, we were not able to secure these additional room days with the hotel.
In the event that you have been offered a room you don’t want, then you can simply ‘ignore’ any payment request and your registration will be automatically cancelled. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to reject the offer right away and cancel your registration, or switch to ‘attending only’ if you would like to arrange alternative accommodation yourself.
For option 5 above: we know that not getting a room is very disappointing. Unfortunately, there is limited space available in our official hotels. This year we’ve had huge demand, with over 600 people that we could not accommodate. For now, our best advice is to wait and see if any non-payment cancellations free up some additional room spaces. If not, there are other hotels nearby that you can seek alternative arrangements with, and switch your registration with ConFuzzled to ‘attending only’.
In the meantime, if you have questions, or wish to make changes to your registration, please contact email@example.com