ConFuzzled produces a wide array of printed materials for our attendees. We think it’s nice to feature artwork by our followers and attendees in these printed materials, such as in the con book or on printed posters that we may hang around the venue for decoration during a convention. These submissions don’t have to feature our mascot, Brok the Badger, but it is encouraged.
We are open for art submissions for the 2022 convention until January 31st 2022.
If you previously submitted artwork for the cancelled 2020 convention, you have until this date to resubmit a refined version if you wish.
Guidelines & Notes
- Take a look over our theme page for inspiration and guidance on how to interpret the theme for our upcoming convention. This might help you out if you don’t know what to draw.
- Larger, raw file formats are better for us, such as PDF or TIF files. PNG and JPG files are okay, but quality may be lost in conversion for print.
- Single characters with no background are very helpful for us. This is because they can be easily placed with text in the con book.
- If your artwork has a background, please make sure that any important elements (such as characters or key objects) are not drawn too close to the edge of the image. This is to ensure that once the con book or posters are trimmed during printing, that nothing important is cut away.
- While we try to use every submission that we receive, we cannot promise that we will use every single image submitted.
- Should you wish to draw our mascot Brok, there are a few useful references, as well as useful guidelines here. Please make sure you read these before creating art that features Brok.
- We publish under a Creative Commons license (BY-NC-ND 2.0 UK). If you submit your work via the email address below, you agree to let us publish your work under this license, and you also agree to these guidelines and notes in full.
- When you submit artwork, please provide your chosen name/nickname so that we can credit you correctly if we use it.
Want to make sure your artwork is formatted to a convenient size for us? Our conbook is A4 at 300dpi. It is also wise to anticipate a wide 10mm bleed just in case. Please ensure a decent amount of space can be dedicated to text. For posters and larger media, there are some handy templates you may wish to use below. As a general rule… the larger the better!